WHY IS MIXER TESTING IMPORTANT?
- Improperly mixing feed reduces its value and leads to customer disatisfaction
- Excess mixing wastes time, energy, and labor
- Cross contamination can lead to drug residues and toxicity
- Microtracers mixer testing procedures are included in the official GMP+ Test Procedures applicable to ISO worldwide.
- Microtracers mixer testing procedures are included in the official ASAE (USA) Test Procedures.
- Microtracers are simple to analyze for – (1o analyses for Microtracer F can be performed in under an hour).
- Data can be generated on the spot.
- Microtracers are cheaper than other methods of determining mixer quality.
- Microtracers provides support and advice free of charge.
HOW MICROTRACERS ARE USED TO VALIDATE MIXING AND CROSS CONTAMINATION CONTROL PROCEDURES
- Add Microtracers prior to mixing
- After mixing, take samples from within the mixer or at the mixer’s point of discharge
- Analyze the samples for the Microtracers using a Rotary Detector
- Plug in data into Microtracers free ‘Mixer Testing Program’ (below)
- That’s it!
Testing for mixer uniformity (link to procedure)
Testing for cross contamination (link to procedure)
Testing for movement of feed in mixer from one side to another (link to procedure)
MICROTRACERS MIXER TESTING PROGRAM
You will need microsoft excel to open and use the program.